Tired of dealing with snow and ice on your roof? Know ice dams can cause damage to your home? Exhausted from dealing with recent storms? Our ice melt solution works automatically, preventing ice buildup so can stay focused on your family, your job and other personal commitments.
New Technologies Can Prevent Ice on Your Roof
While snow is beautiful, melting snow on your roof can form ice dams and icicles like those shown here. Icicles hanging from the roof can hurt someone when they fall. Hiding under the snow on your roof, ice dams build up along the edge of the roof and that’s how these icicles start forming. When water melts higher up on your roof but can’t run off, get ice dams which mean trouble (learn how ice dams are formed). When more snow melts during the day, it gets trapped behind the ice dam and often works its way beneath roofing shingles causing roof leaks. Each night when temperatures drop below freezing, more water freezes causing the ice dam to grow taller. You’ve got to get rid of the ice dam!
Too often home owners try to take matters into their own hands and create bigger problems, causing damage to the roof or worse, falling off the roof. The Wall Street Journal article, Homeowners Beware: After Snow, the Ice Dam Cometh, reported that hospitals are seeing “… a surge of emergency room visits from people injured toppling off their rooftops while shoveling”.
Like gutters, many homeowners don’t consider installing an ice melt solution on their homes until they’ve had to deal with problems like ice dams and roof leaks. Once you’ve had to deal with a serious ice dam problem, roof repairs, replacing insulation, sheet rock and painting interior ceilings, you won’t want to do that again. Why not prevent these roofing problems from ever happening?
Benefits Of a Roof Ice Melt System
Let’s look at the benefits of installing an ice melt system that protects your home whether you’re there or not. Yes, you heard right. Our solution to minimize ice dams, icicles and more is automated using an ambient sensing thermostat. The system starts and stops automatically based on air temperature. This solution protects you, your roof and saves energy too!
- Safety is a Top Priority! Our systems protect you and your home by minimizing the formation of icicles, ice dams and the possibility of your roof collapsing due to the weight of snow and ice buildup on your roof.
- Protect Your Most Valuable Asset, Your Home – Replacing a roof is expensive so avoiding ice and water damage to maximize the life of your roof. Your roof is a vital part of your home’s envelope, protecting everything below. By protecting your roof, you’ll avoid roof damage and water leaks that can cause interior damage to insulation, ceilings, walls and more.
- Save Money by Enhancing, Not Repairing Your Home – With an ice melt system, you are making a one-time investment that improves the value of your home while reducing repair costs. Our system also saves energy by turning on and off automatically so you’re only using energy when your roof needs protection.
- Save Time and Stress – We lead busy lives and travel frequently. An automated system gives you the confidence that your home will be okay when you’re not there. You’ll also avoid the time and stress finding someone to remove ice dams and make needed repairs. Avoid the hassles of roof maintenance during the winter and let technology work for you.
A Solution That Prevents Ice Dams
More than 480,000 feet (90+ miles) of roof eaves and valleys are protected today with Bylin’s Roof Ice Melt System. Our custom solution takes into account your home’s roof design and problem spots like shade and tree cover that prevent natural melting by the sun. A combination of the following system components will be designed to provide you with the optimal solution.
- Thermostat controls to automatically turn your ice melt solution on and off, so you don’t have to be there.
- Patented heating panel design efficiently directs heat exactly where it’s needed.
- Continuous, heated metal panel fabricated from thermally conductive metals.
- Aesthetically attractive with 31 colors to choose from (see color chart).
A Solution to Answer Customer Requests for Help
Why this solution? Several years ago, Greg Greene of Greene Construction Management Inc, started getting requests from his remodeling customers. Winters were getting more severe in the New England area and problems with ice dams were happening more often.
To help his customers, Greg researched various solutions and found Bylin’s Roof Ice Melt (RIM) system. His customers lead busy lives and appreciate the convenience of a solution that saves them time and ultimately money. Greg knows his customer understand that by investing in their homes today, they will have more free time and a home that is more valuable on resale.
Greg has more than 25 years of construction experience remodeling high end homes in the greater Boston area, as well as the NH seacoast. He knows the RIM system is superior to others on the market and believes he is helping his clients build value while protecting their homes and families.
New England Ice Solutions installs Bylin ice melt systems throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire plus ski resort areas in Maine and Vermont. They have experience with residential and commercial installations that prevent damage from ice and snow on the roof.
We researched and decided to offer an ice solution to our remodeling customers on the north shore of Massachusetts incuding Andover, Belmont, Beverly, Beverly Farms, Boston, Boxford, Carlisle, Charlestown, Chestnut Hill, Concord, Danvers, Essex, Gloucester, Hamilton, Ipswich, Lexington, Middleton, Newbury, Newburyport, Rockport, Topsfield, Wenham, West Newbury, Weston … and we’re able to travel throughout Massachusetts to install this unique system.
We’ve also done work in these southern NH towns : Amherst, Bedford, Durham, Exeter, Greenland, Hampton, Hampton Falls, New Castle, Newfields, Newington, Newmarket, North Hampton, Portsmouth, Rye and Rye Beach, Stratham.